The Liberal Learning Breadth Requirement provides knowledge in three broad sectors: Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences and Quantitative Reasoning.
Each of the three broad sectors of human inquiry is sub-divided into two domains as follows:
Arts and Humanities
- Literary, Visual and Performing Arts – Domain
- World Views and Ways of Knowing – Domain
Social Sciences and History
- Behavioral, Social or Cultural Perspectives – Domain
- Social Change in Historical Perspective – Domain
Natural Science and Quantitative Reasoning
- Natural Science – Domain
- Quantitative Reasoning – Domain
A single course can satisfy only one domain.